Friday 4 May 2012

Buying Vintage

Only a week away from the Vintage Fashion and Textile Fair at the Royal Station Hotel ( May 13th 10.30-4.30). Here are some pictures of things I bought at the last fair I went to. I am always on the hunt for lovely old bits of textiles to use in my work or to inspire me.


Ribbon work on to velvet



Applique on to green baize, probably using a cornelli machine


This lovely patchwork quilt. Very worn and heavy..


heavy usually means one thing - another quilt inside! I can't wait to start unpicking as these two torn patches reveal something really interesting going on underneath with appliquéd hexagons and stars peeping through.


Please come and support me and Jayne next Sunday and enjoy a vintage shopping experience that is so not high street.

No comments:

Post a Comment