Friday 21 September 2012

Thread and Thrift

Been busy creating more examples for my Thread and Thrift Folk Art Applique course at the Shipley Art Gallery on Saturday 20th October. To book or  find out more click HERE


I went to the Shipley yesterday to see the Collected Threads exhibition. So nice to see old favourites retrieved from the archives including Kaffe Fassett, Susie Freeman, Michael Brennan Wood, Lyn Setterington, Amy Emms and some tapestries by Sara Brennan that I had not seen before. In connection with this exhibition there is to be one last Shipley LATES on a textile theme. It costs £5 to get in but once in you can participate in 8 workshops and there is lots else to see and do. For information on the evening and the artists running workshops please click HERE.
I will be doing something with one of my favourite recycling techniques - suffolk puffs. Come and join me and the others on Friday September 28th.


No comments:

Post a Comment